Fremont County School District 38 is seeking applications for the current vacant position on the Board of Trustees. The individual who is appointed will hold the position until the Nov. 6, 2018 elections.
Interested persons must submit a letter expressing interest in the board position and their qualifications for the position to the district office no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 18, 2018. The letter must include the following requirements:
1) Any qualified elector of the school district is eligible to serve as a school board member. A "qualified elector" is a person who is:
• a citizen of the United States;
• eighteen years old or older on election day;
• a resident of the State of Wyoming and the trustee area he or she wishes to represent;[Must verify residence].
• a registered voter.
A person may not serve on a school board who:
• is a mentally incompetent person;
• has been convicted of a felony and whose civil rights have not been restored.
2) Letter must include candidates current opinion on education
3) Letter must include, “Why the candidate wants to be a school board member in Fremont County School District 38.”
4) Full Name, Address, Phone, and Email address
• Please limited the response to three typed pages or less.
Following a review of the submitted materials, the board will select a candidate during the regularly scheduled School Board meeting August 23, 2017 @6:00PM. If you have any questions concerning the role of the board of education and the responsibilities of a board member, please contact Kenneth Crowson, Superintendent of Fremont County School District 38, at (307)856-9333 ext. 195.
Read More »