Welcome to the second semester at Arapahoe School, FCSD #38. We want to extend a heart warmed welcome to our students and their families. If you have any concerns or questions, we want to address your concerns or questions honestly, openly, and early on.
Open communication and connectedness is our desire as we move into 2019. We want to develop positive relationships with parents/guardians. Families are our student’s support system. We want to work together so that our students’ to feel valued and appreciated by their families and District staff. FCSD #38 nurtures the whole student through academics, Arapaho language and social/emotional development. We value our students by offering consistent schedules, caring teachers, and challenging grade based curriculum. We want the students to leave their present grade with the tools to be successful in the next grade.
How can teachers make connections with parents?
• Approach all interactions with a positive attitude and an open mind.
• Keep parents informed of their student’s progress.
• Share classroom and school rules and expectations.
• Invite parents to volunteer wherever they can.
A growing body of research shows that successful parent involvement improves not only student behavior and attendance but also positively affects student achievement. How can you help your student be successful at school?
• Ask them what they learned in school everyday.
• Have a set routine for bedtime.
• Attend school/classroom events.
• Read with your child and help with homework.
• Communicate often with your student’s teacher.
• Understand and reinforce school rules and expectations at home.
Thank you for all you do for your student. Please feel free to visit your student’s classroom and school as much as you possibly can. Have a great 2019.
Sincerely, Dr. Vonda Wells,
FCSD #38 Superintendent
Read More »